24/7 phone-in service+358 3 3140 3451
Do you know where the end is of the holes you drill? You can now, with Robit’s new measuring technology. The system is the result of an intensive, seven year R & D program at Robit and is in operation at selected customers. Unlike existing, time-consuming manual systems, measuring during the drilling process does not require an extra work phase in the drilling process. The measurements are available immediately after drilling a hole. You can see a 3 D view of the drilled hole in the drilling pattern.
When drilling holes in rock, the holes often turn away from the desired direction, and in long holes the deviation may even be several metres. Hole deviation results in inefficient operations on a site and in the worst case may create hazards. The new system measures the actual straightness of drill holes immediately, so the information can be utilised in optimizing and charging a rock face.
Optimizing charging raises efficiency in drilling by:
- Optimizing crushing aggregates through controlled charging and blasting, no oversized boulders
- Ensuring safe blasting without the risk of flying rocks
- Optimizing yield from the orebody by avoiding drilling into waste rock
- Increasing the overall productivity of the blasting and crushing process
- Cutting costs for fuel and explosives and reducing downtime
- Storing all drilling data in a database to develop your drilling process
- Raising overall efficiency
Since the results are obtained immediately, it is possible to react to any hole deviation when positioning and directing the following holes. The system functions in all types of rock formations – even in magnetic ore.
|Compatible bit diameter (mm)|